Saturday, October 20, 2007

Hawksnest & Cranium

My alarm has been set to go off at 7:30 for days; ever since the other day when I had to wake up real early to bring Thomas downtown. So I woke up and hung out on the Internet in my living room for a while. I usually sit there and wait for a sign of life upstairs via Thomas and Phoebe footsteps on the ceiling.

So I spent the morning creating a Blogger account, uploading photos to Flickr, looking up blue book values for Suzukis, making breakfast, and browsing St John real estate from a stapled paper packet. Tracy woke up at around 9:30 or 10:00 and I think I heard Thomas rustling around upstairs. But it didn't sound like the kind of rustling that I was used to when he leaves for work, so the next time I looked through my back window for his car, and realized he was gone, I was quite surprised.

After Tracy had been up for a while, I got sick of the Internet and I wanted to go downtown. I really wanted to rent a dinghy for the day a go cruising around the bays. But unfortunately, I can't really do that unless I ask someone to drive me downtown, because I can't really take the car for the whole day like that, in case someone else in the house wants to go somewhere. Nonetheless, I packed up my bag and asked Tracy if she wouldn't mind hitchiking downtown. She agreed she would, but then I thought I'd try to give Thomas a ring to see if perchance if would be returning for lunch. When I reached him on the phone he said he would be back shortly and that he reccomended going to the flea market downtown to see i there was any furniture we could use.

So when Thomas came back, he had me help him unlock Phoebe's iPhone, then let us use the car for a while. Tracy and I went downtown to check out the flea market, but there was nothing of interest there by the time we showed up. All of the furniture was gone. So we went down to see Carmela, a woman who was supposed to be selling us a car. One of her employees drove us to the lot and we got to test drive the car by driving it back to the dealership hut. The windows didn't open and there was no air conditioning. By the time we got back to the hut, I was sweating from head to toe. That's when I decided we weren't buying that car. I think Tracy felt the same.

So we ended up going back to our and driving north out of Cruz Bay to go to the beach. We stopped at some of the overlooks along the way and took pictures. Eventually we stopped at Hawksnest beach and played in the sun and sand for a while. We saw a recently married couple taking pictures on the beach, and there was some bigger waves breaking on the beach. I snorkeled out to them and almost got my ass kicked by the waves nearly smashing me into the coral.

Later that night, Phoebe, Thomas, Tracy, and I went over to Fran and Ryan's house. We played Cranium, ate some burgers, and barely watched football. Cranium was a fun game except it made me feel terribly stupid. I found out that I can't do a Jack Nicholson impression, i forgot who said "That's all folks", and I dont know who Zsa Zsa Gabor is. It came down to the wire by Tracy, Fran, and I wont by a hair. It was quite an upset since they seemed to be doing so much better than us.

After that we went out to the Front Yard and played darts and drank. Tracy got drunk the fastest and ended up outside chatting with some West Indian dude. Eventually Tracy couldn't keep her feet anymore and we drove home and went to sleep. It was a fun day.

No comments: